Whether you live in Baltimore or on the Eastern shore, there’s a chance your home was built with a narrow crawls space instead of a full-size basement. Not only does crawlspace make it difficult to access pipes, wires and other utilities, but it certainly can’t double as a living space due to the size.
This area tends to have trap in lots of moisture which can cause problems for your home. Feel free to call Guardian Waterproofing and we’ll be happy to inspect your Baltimore crawlspace for you. Some of the common problems we find during such inspections include:
- High humidity and moisture
- Visible mold growth
- Signs of rot on wooden beams
- Insect, rodent or snake infestations
The good news is, our trained and licensed technicians can solve all of these problems by installing proper drainage and sealing all surfaces with a vapor barrier, wall and floor liners.
Problems of these crawlspace issues can be effecting your daily living such as:
- Poorly insulated crawlspace leads to higher utility bills, especially in winter. Due to the “stack effect,” warm air rises and exists through the cracks in the roof, which in turn draws cold air through the cracks in the bottom. The more cracks – the more warm air you lose.
- When cold air enters through the cracks in your crawlspace and slowly warms up and rises into your living space, it may carry up mold spores, dust, pollen and other allergens. If you want to improve your indoor air quality, a wet crawlspace can’t be ignored.
- A crawlspace is not a living space, but it can serve well as additional storage space for rarely or seasonally used items – that’s if it’s dry and free of mold, of course.
Then call Guardian Basement Waterproofing today for the state-of-the-art crawlspace waterproofing solutions.